Welcome to Highfield South Farnham Nursery.
At Highfield South Farnham we aim to provide a secure, safe and happy environment where we can work together with parents to provide the best possible start for children between the ages of 3 and 5 years old.
The Nursery is housed in a large purpose built structure with a large outside area which is securely fenced. This includes a covered play zone, grassed, wooded and paved areas, together with a vegetable garden. In addition, we are proud of our soft play room where children can develop thier physical and social skills whilst learning about colours, numbers and the language related to position. Both the inside and outside areas are available to the children at all times and they choose where they would like to play.
In Nursery we:
- Understand that the Early Years are a crucial stage in terms of children's physical, intellectual, emotional and social development.
- Work with parents to establish children's learning styles and preferences, taking into consideration the children's existing knowledge and the needs of three and for year olds when planning the curriculum
- Encourage children to learn as they play by delivering a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Value every child's needs and abilities; understanding that every child is an individual and will learn differently.
- Lay the foundations for learning to read by using the government's Letters and Sounds initiative and the Jolly Phonics program.
- Develop the chidlren's understanding of counting, using numbers as symbols and shape space and measures.
- Help the children develop confidence and self-esteem.
Please find enclosed our Nursery Brochure.
To review any of our school/nursery policies, please click on the following link https://www.highfield-sf.surrey.sch.uk/page/?title=School+Policies&pid=238
Please also visit our Facebook page for further information on the Nursery and to view our news feeds: @hsfnursery